Provider Enrollment > COVID-19 Special Update for Provider Revalidation
COVID-19 Special Update for Provider Revalidation
Pursuant to section 1135(b)(1)(B) of the Social Security Act, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service approved New York's request to temporarily cease revalidation of Medicaid providers who are in New York or are otherwise directly impacted by the COVID-19 emergency.
As a result, the New York State Medicaid Program has made the following changes to Provider Enrollment, which remain in effect during the emergency:
- Suspend all notices requesting provider revalidation;
- Suspend all notices of termination due to provider failure to revalidate;
- As needed, suspend review of revalidation applications currently pending before the Department;
- Allow providers who have already received revalidation notices to suspend their revalidation until further notification that the emergency is terminated and revalidation will resume;
- Reactivate participation of non-revalidating providers terminated or scheduled for termination on or after March 1, 2020;
- Upon termination of the emergency, providers will be notified of their obligation to revalidate.