August 12, 2015
Have you seen the new updates?
- SEPTEMBER webinar dates on our Upcoming Event Calendar
- UPDATED Frequently Asked Questions
- Need guidance calculating your Medicaid encounters? Eligible Professionals may contact email@example.com to request a summary of Medicaid fee-for-service and managed care claims under their NPI. Please include the provider's NPI and a specific time period (e.g. "calendar year 2014").
July 31, 2015
New MEIPASS Function: Self-Retraction
We are pleased to announce a new Self-Retraction function available in MEIPASS that allows Eligible Professionals and Eligible Hospitals to retract their attestations and resubmit with changes.
Providers are no longer required to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for manual rejections in order to make changes to submitted attestations.
Please refer to the Self-Retraction User Guide for assistance.
NOTE: Attestations that have been approved and paid may not be retracted or adjusted in this manner. A future update to MEIPASS will allow Eligible Professionals to submit post-payment adjustments. Eligible Hospitals should refer to the EH Payment Adjustment Walkthrough.
July 8, 2015
EHR Success Stories
"The use of EHR has made locating charts and looking up labs quicker...it has eased the hassle of flipping through stacks of paper." - Provider in Brooklyn, NY
Has your EHR system made a positive impact on your practice or facility? Please let us know! Visit https://nyehrsuccess.questionpro.com to share your story with us, which could be featured in the monthly Medicaid Update and EHR Incentive Program website.
July 8, 2015
Currently, MEIPASS is only accepting 2015 attestations for:
- Adopt / Implement / Upgrade (AIU)
- First year of Meaningful Use Stage 1 (MU1), which requires a continuous 90-day EHR reporting period
Providers who attest for 2015 as their first year of Stage 1 must meet the existing requirements for the NY Medicaid EHR Incentive Program. Click here to review the Stage 1 attestation worksheet for Eligible Professionals.
Please be advised that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has not yet published a final rule to modify meaningful use for 2015 through 2017. Announcements will be posted on the NY Medicaid EHR Incentive Program website and LISTSERV when providers may attest to the modified requirements.
June 4, 2015
Have you seen the new updates?
Did You Know? New York State has two Regional Extension Centers (RECs) that provide support services to healthcare providers as they navigate the EHR adoption process and achievement of meaningful use:
Visit the RECs page to learn more about these programs.
May 11, 2015
Proposed Rule to Modify Meaningful Use for 2015 through 2017
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has published a proposed rule to modify meaningful use for 2015 through 2017.
Proposed modifications include reduction of the EHR reporting period for 2015 and simplification of meaningful use requirements by removing redundant, duplicative, and topped out objectives due to advancements in EHR functions and provider performances since the inception of the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs.
The proposed rule is open for public comment until June 15, 2015.
Click here to register for NY Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Support's Stage 1 and Stage 2 webinars and to learn about the proposed modifications.
April 9, 2015
Modification for 2015 Meaningful Use Requirements
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced their intent to modify meaningful use requirements for 2015. Providers will be notified via the NY Medicaid EHR Incentive Program website and LISTSERV upon final release of these requirements and when providers may attest in MEIPASS for 2015 meaningful use.
CMS has also published the proposed rule for Stage 3 meaningful use requirements and criteria for 2017 and beyond. Concurrently, the Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) has published the proposed rule for the 2015 Edition of EHR Technology that will be required for all providers beginning in 2018.
The proposed rules are open for public comment until May 29, 2015.
February 20, 2015
Attestation options under the 2014 CEHRT Flexibility Rule are now available in MEIPASS.
For guidance, please refer to the EP 2014 Flexibility Rule MEIPASS Walkthrough which is available on the Document Repository.
October 22, 2014
Important NY Medicaid EHR Incentive Program announcements:
- New Flexibility Rule: The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has released a Certified EHR Technology Flexibility Final Rule to allow eligible professionals (EPs) or eligible hospitals (EHs) more flexibility in how they use Certified Electronic Health Record Technology (CEHRT) to meet meaningful use for an EHR Incentive Program reporting period.
- 2015 Medicare Adjustment Hardship Extension: CMS is announcing its intent to reopen the submission period for hardship exception applications for EPs and EHs to avoid the 2015 Medicare payment adjustments for not demonstrating meaningful use of CEHRT. The new deadline will be 11:59 PM EST November 30, 2014.