The ePACES application ï¿½look and feelï¿½ will change slightly because of using the National Provider Identification number for the New York State Medicaid System.
Below is a recap of the ePACES enhancements for NPI.
- Practitioners that are required to use the National Provider Identification number can now start using their NPI number in place of using their New York State Medicaid Provider ID.
- When you first log into ePACES, a pop-up Announcement page may be displayed and contains important announcements for the user to read. When you click the ï¿½Closeï¿½ button on this page, you wonï¿½t see the Announcement page until the next time you log into ePACES.
- The breadcrumb (upper left corner of the page) will show the NPI number registered with New York State Medicaid after the name. If no NPI # is registered with New York State Medicaid, then the name and the New York State Medicaid Provider ID will be shown as before.
- The ï¿½Change Providerï¿½ dropdown now will show the NPI number registered with New York State Medicaid after the name. If no NPI # is registered with New York State Medicaid, then just the name will be shown as before.
- The National Provider Identification number can now be entered where you previously entered the Provider ID, unless you are not required to register one. The label on the entry box is ï¿½Provider Numberï¿½ which can hold either the 10 position NPI # or the 8 position New York State Provider ID.
- For entry of the General Claim tab, if you have an NPI # registered with New York State Medicaid you must enter the Zip+4 in the required Location Zip Code fields provided. If you donï¿½t enter the Zip+4 and you have NPI # an error message will be displayed. If you donï¿½t have NPI #, then you can continue to enter your Location code in the required Location field and do not enter the ZIP+4 fields.
- Removed the Part Time Clinic Registry Entry field from the Institutional Claim Information tab.
- ï¿½Group Provider Numberï¿½ is the label on the Professional and Dental Claim Informational tabs which can hold either the 10 position NPI # or the 8 position New York State Provider ID.
- The Claims Physician Information tabs, the Service Authorization and DVS Requests, Prior Authorization General Information tabs and Provider Support File displays now lists the NPI # after the name on the name selection dropdowns in the Existing Providers sections. The New Non-Medicaid Provider sections now include a NPI # field that should be used when entering the State License number if you have one.
- Removed Location Code entry field from the Professional and Dental Physician Information tabs and the Prior Authorization General Information tabs.
- Removed the Location Code column from the Claims Batch Build and Submit Claim Batches displays.
- The Claim Status Response Details page now will show up to 10 Payer Claim IDs. The first Claim IDï¿½s Claim Level and Line Level status sections are automatically displayed. When you click the hyperlink under the Claim ID for the others, then that Claim Idï¿½s Claim Level and Line Level status sections will be displayed.
- The Provider Type column was added in the display from a Provider name search to aid you in selecting the correct provider and in the displays of editing the Access Privileges of a Provider.
- Prior Approval Roster search page result list will show both or either the NPI # and Provider ID in the Billing/Requesting and Ordering/Prescribing columns and the PA Roster Download Status Search Criteria section.
- The PA Roster Report displays will show the NPI # under the Provider ID if present, and the download comma delimiter file will include the NPI # or a comma.